Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Update on life

So I never heard from Vancouver. Apparently not getting to do that internship. Holy Family also emailed me today to tell me they have decided after reviewing staffing that they are not going to fill the ER position I applied for. I have found out that at least three other nursing students I know applied for the Cardiac position. Two of them work on that floor already. Probably won't get that job either. I really need a full time position. :(

There will be a little "party" at SHMC tomorrow for new graduates to meet with SHMC/HFH staff. So at least I will get a chance to try to kiss some butt and network. I also found out that the school will be offering a ACLS certification class on December 15th and 16th. It costs $160, but it will help up my application. Unfortunately, the people in my class who applied to the cardiac floor will also take it so who knows.

WSU sent me a packet to complete and return to them in a ten day time period. Yeah right! It had immunizations, forms, and background checks to pay for. They also wanted me to get my own passport photos for the school badge and stuff. I just have to get my test results read for my TB test at school tomorrow and will get that packet sent out.

I have also been working on stuff for graduation. Went shopping Sunday with Camey Anderson and Tammy Petro, two girls from class, for graduation decorations. We decided to do a winter theme and put up snowflakes. Our colors will be blue, white, silver, and black. I also got the paper to make the nursing hats for the graduates' chairs. My mom helped me make seventy of them. I also passed out everyone's pins to them for the pinning ceremony.

And finally, I have been wrapping up things for the Nursing Club. We wrapped all the presents I bought for the Tree of Sharing on Black Friday. It was an easy last meeting. I am going to have to figure out new officers after I graduate though. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment