Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Tree Hunting

We went out to get our Christmas tree today. Blake, Mom, and Dad and I got up and left the house at 6:30. We went to Dean's for breakfast in Reardan before we went up to the property to hunt down a tree. We drove up, pulled off the gravel road and began our little hike to search for our tree. At least the snow wasn't as deep as last year. We were able to walk around fairly easily. It was a nice pretty hike. I didn't mind being up that early to do it. I hadn't been out the property since we had Fumi as a Japenese exchange student in 6th grade.





I spotted one up the hill. Blake and I went up to decide if it really was gonna be a well shaped Charlie Brown Tree and bring it down.



It was, so Blake went about cutting it down.





And we drug it back to the truck.




After we drug the tree back to the road my dad and brother finally showed me how to shoot my gun. It was my grandmother's and my dad had given it to me for a birthday a few years earlier. Now I know how to shoot it. My dad was proud and impressed by my shooting pattern. My brother also got to shoot his gun.





On the way home we got pulled over. Uh oh!! Apparently the tabs on the truck had expired earlier that month and the Airway Heights officer was bored.




Here are pictures of our tree in all its glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment