Tuesday, December 15, 2009

ACLS course

I did the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) course today through SCC. There were about nine of us in the class. Yesterday I was lucky enough to have gotten to practice for five hours with Brandy's husband. He is a flight nurse with Medstar as well as an ACLS instructor. It was good to get the practice. It made today much easier. Especially since we are doing the course in one day instead of two.

We watched videos and then took a written test. Afterwards we had to go through a megacode simulation.

I passed the course. The instructor, Brian Lee, also told me I should contact Becky at the SHMC ER and tell her he said I should contact her. Maybe it will give me an in to the ER. He said they have positions that they don't always post. I'll have to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment