Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Car Finally!!

So I finally found myself a car. I have been looking for a few weeks to no avail since I sold my Honda. I tried buying cars off Craigslist. That never panned out. Either they had sold the car or it was a rebuilt title and the bank won't finance those. I was searching for a Nissan Altima 05-06, or a Jetta, or a Mazda 3 or 6. The Altima being my top choice. While I was searching Craigslist my dad had his car salesman guy who can go to auctions and look for what we want looking for a car for me. It wasn't really working out though. He did finally find a Jetta that I wanted him to bid on so I got all the paperwork and check from the bank with the expectation that he would win the auction. We were outbid. I felt like an idiot bringing the check back to the bank and basically decided I was done with the car auction search process.I also had found a great Altima in Beaverton, OR, but could not get a hold of the guy. He did finally answer his phone. It was sold. I went back to Craigslist and found two Mazda 6's that I liked. I had seen them earlier, but decided I didn't want to pay that much. I called them. Both had sold. I then saw an ad for a Jetta at the Nissan dealership and went down to basically buy it cause I like the price. It was of course sold. The dealer did not have a 2006 Altima and of course tried to sell me a 2010. I told em I would think about it. Still no car. I decided to search Spokane for an Altima and came up with the George Gee website. They had two Altimas. YAY! Then after looking more I found out they were both in Pasco, WA. I decided to call and get some info. Well at this point I was quite sick of the car search and like what I saw. Basically bought the car over the internet and had them drive it up to Spokane to me. There were a few problems here and there with the interior/exterior, but overall I am quite happy with it and fixed most of these problems by going to Spalding's and getting some pieces and parts. Anyways here are some pics. I got a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL. So it has the heated seats and styling that I wanted. I am happy with it and hope to drive it for some years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment