Friday, October 23, 2009

Clinical in Holy Family's ER

So today I was in Holy Family Hospital's ER for my clinical day. It was somewhat uneventful for most of the day. I gave some IV pushes, took vitals, and tried to start one IV. The most exciting part of the day was when a motor vehicle crash victim came in and I got to do the chest compressions for the code. I was going to stand in the corner out of the way like a good student, but one of the nurses said I could do the compressions since I hadn't done any before on a real person. Unfortunately, we could not save the man. He had suffered quite a heart attack before which was the cause of the car accident. He did not live. I am glad however, that I did ge the chance to see how it felt to do the chest compressions. You do it faster than you did while practicing in CPR class and I did break some ribs. I heard them break.

For a lighter change, it is flu season and that includes the swine flu this year. One of my other patients had caught the swine flu.........



He caught it from Miss Piggy of course. :)

I couldn't help but get a picture with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment