Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ear Surgery....Again

Since I am in the running to get a new job at Holy Family I am trying to get all my health things done before my insurance is gone and since I have met my deductible. So today I had surgery again on my left ear. Dr. Giddings did tympanoplasty with ossicular reconstruction, which means he replaced the current prosthesis in my ear bones with another and took some cartilage from my ear to thicken my ear drum. My hearing had been decreasing again since I had the prosthesis done in high school.






I did pretty good after surgery. I did have some pain which I didn't remember from the first time and I also had some stitches in my ear where he took the skin for the eardrum. I pretty much slept with my pain meds while mom packed the rest of the apartment up since I would be moving in about 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment